How to Obtain a Business License
- Read all information provided and review our Business License FAQs before filling out your New Business Application (PDF).
- Fill out application including date business or work (if you are a contactor or outside company) started in Ceres City limits.
- Sign and date the form. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Return your application and supporting documents to the City by mail or in person, as outlined below.
Submitting Your Application
Application must be approved by the City’s Planning and Building department located at 2220 Magnolia Street. Additional approval may be required depending on the type of business being conducted.
The City of Ceres has partnered with MuniServices, LLC to assist in the business license process. Mail completed form and payment to MuniServices, LLC at the remittance address provided below. Application must be approved by the City's Planning and Building departments before issuance of license. Additional approval may be required depending on the type of business being conducted.
Mail business license forms, correspondence, payments, etc. to:
City of Ceres, CA
c/o MuniServices, LLC
438 East Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Toll Free Phone: 866-240-3665
Toll Free Fax: 855-219-4338
Registration & Application Fees
The registration and application fee must be paid in full. The fees are as follows:
- Flat Rate Licenses = Pay fee outlined for business category + $30 New Application Fee + $1 CASP Fee
- Gross Receipts Licenses = $15 License Fee for businesses starting October 1st to March 31st of current year + $30 New Application Fee + $1 CASP Fee
- Gross Receipts Licenses = $30 License Fee for businesses starting April 1st to September 31st of current year + $30 New Application Fee + $1 CASP Fee
- New Business Application Fee = $30
Payment options are as follows:
- Cash (if paying in person)
- Check or money order (if paying via mail)
- Credit Card - Visa, MasterCard, Discover (Contact MuniServices)