The City of Ceres is committed to partnering with our residents on water saving technology and equipment to better utilize the produced water supply. The City currently offers home water audits, setting of irrigation systems and rebate programs for toilets, washing machines, dishwashers, smart irrigation controllers and turf replacement.
As of April 2017, only 1% of the state is currently in the severe drought stage. Due to these facts, the Governor has lifted the Emergency Regulation for water conservation. However, the City’s stage II of the drought preparedness resolution remains in effect until further notice. Although the state of California has seen substantial precipitation during the current water year, the City urges our residents to remember that the next drought could be right around the corner and that water conservation is a way of life.
Refer to the Water in the Yard This Summer Flyer for information on efficient outdoor watering practices. For a complete set of rules and regulations with regards to the City’s Water Conservation Program, review the municipal code, section 13.04.130.
Watering Schedule & Restrictions
- Addresses ending in an even number (0,2,4,6,8) may water on Tuesday and Saturday.
- Addresses ending in an odd number (1,3,5,7,9) may water on Sunday and Wednesday.
- No watering on Mondays, Thursdays, or Fridays.
- No watering any day from noon to 7 p.m.
To report water wasters please call the Public Works office at (209) 538-5732.
Penalties for Water Waste
- 1st offense is a Warning
- 2nd offense is a $20 fine
- 3rd offense is a $100 fine
- 4th offense is a $250 fine
- 5th offense is a $500 fine
- Subsequent citations within one calendar year from warning will be a $500 fine each.
The City of Ceres allows water waivers for the following reasons:
- Health/Safety: California Health and Safety Code
- Irrigation: Check System, Installation and Maintenance
- Livelihood: Businesses that depend on water usage such as painters, pool contractors, irrigation contractors
Contact the Public Works office to request a water waiver at (209) 538-5732 during working hours.