Ceres Area Transit (CAT)
Free Rides on CAT for Everyone All of July 2019
Everyone can ride CAT free during the entire month of July. No money, coupons or tickets required. Just get on the bus and enjoy its air conditioned comfort on the way to your destination. For detailed riding information click the link below to the System Map and Schedule.
CAT operates one route that covers most of the City of Ceres. The bus covers the entire route once each hour. The bus stops only at bus stops marked with a sign. It will only stop when a customer at the stop indicates they want to ride the bus or a passenger already on board signals the driver they want to get off the bus.
The following links provide additional information about where to catch the bus, the times it serves each bus stop, and other related information:
Hours of Operation
The CAT route operates between 6:15 a.m. and 6:10 p.m.
No Service on These Holidays
- New Years Day
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
How to Catch the Bus
The bus stops only when passengers waiting at a designated bus stop are positioned near the sign so the driver knows that they want to ride. The driver may not stop for you if it doesn't look like you want to ride. Back away from the curb as the bus approaches to avoid the mirror on the side of the bus.
Boarding the Bus
Please be at the bus stop at least a few minutes before the bus is due. When boarding CAT, please have exact change or your fare card or transfer ready to present to the driver. Exact change is required because drivers do not carry change.
Exiting the Bus
One block before your stop, please signal the driver by pulling the cord located between the sliding windows and fixed pane windows.
Bike racks that can accommodate two bikes are available on all CAT buses. CAT is not responsible for bikes that may be damaged or stolen, regardless of circumstances.
Courtesy Rules for Riders
- No smoking, eating or drinking on the bus.
- Service animals are permitted for passengers with disabilities but must be under control of the passenger at all times. Service animals not fully controlled by their owners will not be allowed on the bus.
- Shopping bags cannot take up any seats. This includes the area designated for wheelchairs. No more than four shopping bags are allowed per passenger. Small shopping carts must be folded and placed outside the aisles.
- Strollers must be folded and placed outside the aisles.
- Wheelchairs must be secured by the bus driver.