Ceres Dial-A-Ride (CDAR)
Important Announcement for Ceres Transit Riders
CDAR will become part of Modesto Area Dial-A-Ride (MADAR) beginning July 1, 2020. CDAR will no longer exist but all service it has been providing will be handled by MADAR. Click here for more information about MADAR.
Ceres Dial-A-Ride (CDAR) is a curb-to-curb demand responsive service available for use only by people who have disabilities that prevent them from riding the CAT scheduled fixed route bus service. Service operates only within the City of Ceres and the immediate surrounding unincorporated area. Ceres Dial-A-Ride can be used for any transportation purpose. Vehicles are fully accessible to passengers using wheelchairs and other mobility devices. CDAR is operated by Storer Transit Systems, Inc. under contract with the City of Ceres.
- CAT Riders Guide Includes Ceres Dial-A-Ride Information (PDF)
- Ceres Dial-A-Ride Fares
- Ceres Dial-A-Ride Service Area Map (PDF)
Eligibility to Ride CDAR
To be eligible to ride CDAR, you must be 65 years of age or older or have a disability that prevents you from riding the CAT fixed route bus service. From December 1 to December 31, 2016, you will be considered eligible based on your personal determination of eligibility at the time of the ride request. Effective January 1, 2017, after your first ride you must be registered with CDAR to be eligible for additional rides.
Applications for Eligibility to Ride CDAR
Download and submit the applicable form below:
- Application for an Individual (English) (PDF)
- Application for an Individual (Spanish) (PDF)
- Application for use by Social Service Agencies (PDF)
An application can also be obtained by calling 209-527-4991. Applications are processed within 21 days of CDAR’s receipt of a completed application. Pursuant to the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, passengers in possession of an ADA Eligibility Card issued by another transit agency may ride for a limited period of time without registering.
CDAR Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
How Can I Get a Ride?
To make a reservation, call 209-527-4991 at least 90 minutes before the time you need to be picked up. Please provide the following information:
- Your name, home address and telephone number.
- Address where you are to be picked up.
- Address where you want to go.
- When you want to be picked up or appointment time if applicable.
- How many will be traveling.
- If you need a return trip.
- If you have a special need.
- If you will be using a mobility device.
The dispatcher will give you an estimated time of pick up. Please be ready at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time. Ceres Dial-A-Ride may arrive up to 15 minutes before or after your scheduled time. If you no longer need a ride, call CDAR at least one hour in advance to cancel or you will be subject to a "No Show". Three No-Shows within a 12-month period will cause suspension from riding CDAR for 30 days.
Can I Get Regularly Scheduled Trips?
Riders may call up to 14 days in advance to schedule a trip. Riders who have a permanent weekly schedule, may request a permanent pick up time. Riders must call in advance to cancel the scheduled trip(s), if needed.
- New Years Day
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Courtesy Rules for Riders
- Please be ready when the bus arrives.
- No smoking, eating or drinking on the bus.
- Drivers cannot enter your home.
- If you no longer need a ride, call and cancel at least one hour before your scheduled trip or you may be subject to a no-show.
- Wheelchairs must be secured.
- Service animals are permitted for passengers with disabilities but must be under control of the passenger at all times.
- Shopping bags cannot take up any seats. This includes the area designated for wheelchairs. No more than four shopping bags are allowed. Only shopping carts that can be folded and placed out of the aisles are allowed.
- Strollers must be folded and not placed in aisles.
If you have been summoned to Jury Duty, you can ride free to the courthouse. Show your juror summons or jury bus pass to the bus driver when boarding.
If a rider wants to transfer between Ceres Dial-A-Ride and Modesto Area Dial-A-Ride, the rider must call Modesto Area Dial-A-Ride at 209-527-4900 first, and Modesto Area Dial-A-Ride will make the arrangements for the rides and transfers.
Customer Comments & Concerns
For questions or concerns, please call the Storer Transit Systems Operations Manager at 209-527-4991. For issues that cannot be resolved by the Operations Manager, you may contact the Ceres Engineering Services Department at 209-538-5792 or email the Transit System.