The City of Ceres is currently accepting applications for the jobs listed below. (Note: The City of Ceres does not accept applications for a position unless we are actively recruiting for that job.) The announcement for each job may be viewed by clicking on the name of the position.
Updated: October 13th, 2017
The City of Ceres accepts applications for open positions through Calopps. Applications, resumes and other application materials will not be accepted by fax or e-mail unless specifically stated in the recruitment flyer and advertisement.
The City's hiring procedures are based on a competitive system to allow each individual the opportunity to compete and be selected based upon the candidate's skills, abilities, education and fit for the job.
There are numerous benefits to be realized by becoming a part of the City organization. The City offers:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for employees and eligible dependents.
- Participation in the Stanislaus County Employee Retirement Association which has reciprocity with PERS.
- Ten (10) days of vacation per year, with the number of days of vacation increasing with years of service.
- Twelve (12) days of sick leave per year, which can accrue from year to year.
- Twelve (12) holidays, including one (1) personal holiday.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Depending on the position, an annual uniform allowance.
- Educational assistance and pay, depending on the position.
- Long term disability coverage available for purchase.
- 457 Retirement savings program available at employee option.
- Cafeteria plan allowance to purchase specified benefits on an annual selection basis.
Conviction History Questionnaire
- For most recruitments, the City accepts applications through Calopps. (www.calopps.org). The job announcement will specify how to apply.
- The City of Ceres does not currently accept resumes in lieu of City application,
unless specifically stated in the job announcement.
- The City accepts applications only for currently advertised jobs.
- Applications are screened and candidates who are determined to best fit the needs of the City and affected department are invited to continue in the recruitment process.
- The City of Ceres reserves the right to test an applicant in any manner to determine eligibility. The recruitment process may include any or all of the following examination steps.
- Assessment of education and expreince
- Written test
- Oral Board Assesment
- Assessment Center
- An eligibility list is established from the results of the examination process. The eligibility list is generally active for 6 months, but may be extended for a specific time by the City Manager.
- As openings occur, finalists on the eligibility list are contacted for the follow-up interview.
- Selected candidate(s) must consent to a background investigation.
- Successful candidates must pass a post offer pre-employment drug screen, and for certain positions, a post offer pre-employment physical and functional exam. In some cases, primarily in police and emergency services positions, a psychological assessment is also conducted.
- Appointment is contingent upon the candidate's ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
The City of Ceres is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make all reasonable accommodations for the disabled to participate in employment, programs and facilities. Please notify Personnel if any special testing arrangements need to be made to accommodate any disability you may have.
At the time of hire, City employees must meet the documentation requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
The City of Ceres, as part of its Affirmative Action Program encourages minorities, women, and the disabled to apply.