The City Clerk is appointed by the City Manager. The City Clerk is the local Elections Official who administers democratic processes such as elections, access to city records, and all legislative actions ensuring transparency to the public. The City Clerk acts as a compliance officer for federal, state, and local statutes including the Political Reform Act, the Brown Act, and the Public Records Act. The City Clerk also serves as the Secretary to Redevelopment Agency.
The City Clerk's Office is responsible for:
- Conduct of general municipal and special elections
- Custodian of the City's records and administration of citywide records management program
- Ensuring compliance with legal noticing requirements
- Manage the City Council's legislative agenda and documents
- Maintain custody of the City Seal
- Maintenance of the City's Municipal Code
- Manage and respond to public requests for information in a timely manner
- Receive and conduct bid openings
- Provide support services to the Mayor and City Council
The City Clerk serves as the City's Filing Officer for campaign statements and economic interest statements as required by Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC).
City Council Agenda Notification
If you'd like to be notified when the latest City Council agenda is posted, please subscribe to Notify Me, the City's email notification system.