Javier Lopez, Mayor
•Elected: November 3, 2020
•Term Expires: December 2024
Mayor Lopez plans to hold walk-in office hours. Please contact him directly to schedule an appointment.
Office Hours Currently Postponed Due to COVID-19. However, Mayor Lopez is available by email and phone.
About Mayor Lopez
The Lopez and extended family has lived and worked in Ceres since the 1970’s. Born in Los Angeles, California on October 8, 1983, his family returned to Ceres where he attended elementary, middle and high school in the Ceres Unfiled School District (CUSD). He owns a sports and athletic apparel business, and continues to coach freshman football at Central Valley High School.
He began his career early on in his life in the fire industry and now has over 18 years of experience leading teams and training apprentices.
Mr. Lopez was elected November 3, 2020 as Mayor of Ceres. He begins his first Political position and is set to serve the community for the next four years.
“I began this journey to inspire and bring a positive change to the community. The future of Ceres requires vision that begins with our families and traditions combined with public safety, education and growth.” -Javier Lopez
Council Committee Assignments
- Christmas Festival Committee
- City-Schools Committee
- Concerts in the Park Committee
- County-City Selection Committee (Mayors)
- Executive Committee, Central Valley Division, League of California Cities
- Economic Development Committee
- Local Emergency Planning Committee
- Opportunity Stanislaus, formerly the Alliance
- StanCOG Policy Board
- Stanislaus Homeless Alliance
- Surface Water Joint Powers Authority Board
- Tuolumne River Regional Park Committee
- Volunteer Firefighter Length-of-Service Qualification Review Committee
- Whitmore House Preservation Committee
- West Turlock Subbasin Groundwater Sustainability Agency (JPA)