A Water Connection concerns residents who are not currently connected to the City water and are currently using a private well. To connect to City water, follow these parameters:
- Residents interested in connecting to City water are required to obtain a Water Connection Permit.
- In addition to obtaining a water connection permit residents must also hire a licensed contractor to make the connection according to City standards within the City Right of Way. Within the City limits, work on private property can be done by the owner.
- A Building Permit must be obtained prior to connecting the new connection to the house. The Building Permit may be obtained at the Building Inspection counter at:
Ceres City Hall Annex
2220 Magnolia Street
Ceres, CA 95307
- Existing private wells must be abandoned.
- Water/Sewer Connection Fees (PDF)
- Water Connection and Service Application (PDF)
- Fees increase on July 1 of every year.
Please call the Engineering Division at 209-538-5792. They will tell you the availability of water at your residence and the associated connection costs. Encroachment and building permits are required.