How to Catch the Bus
The bus stops only when passengers waiting at a designated bus stop are positioned near the sign so the driver knows that they want to ride. The driver may not stop for you if it doesn't look like you want to ride. Back away from the curb as the bus approaches to avoid the mirror on the side of the bus.
Boarding the Bus
Please be at the bus stop at least a few minutes before the bus is due. When boarding CAT, please have exact change or your fare card or transfer ready to present to the driver. Exact change is required because drivers do not carry change.
Exiting the Bus
One block before your stop, please signal the driver by pulling the cord located between the sliding windows and fixed pane windows.
Bike racks that can accommodate two bikes are available on all CAT buses. CAT is not responsible for bikes that may be damaged or stolen, regardless of circumstances.
Courtesy Rules for Riders
- No smoking, eating or drinking on the bus.
- Service animals are permitted for passengers with disabilities but must be under control of the passenger at all times. Service animals not fully controlled by their owners will not be allowed on the bus.
- Shopping bags cannot take up any seats. This includes the area designated for wheelchairs. No more than four shopping bags are allowed per passenger. Small shopping carts must be folded and placed outside the aisles.
- Strollers must be folded and placed outside the aisles.
- Wheelchairs must be secured by the bus driver.