Risk Management

Claim Form (PDF) 


The City of Ceres has joined with 54 other cities in the greater San Joaquin Valley in a risk-sharing pool to insure against various losses.

Through this organization, the Central San Joaquin Valley Risk Management Authority (CSJVRMA) the City is self-insured for its property, liability and workers compensation coverage.

Claims Against the City

With certain exceptions, a person who believes they have been injured or damaged by the City or a city employee must file a written claim with the City before a lawsuit against the City and/or city employee may be filed in court.

A claim filed against a public entity must meet certain statutory (legal) requirements for the public entity to consider it properly filed. Generally, a claim must be filed whenever an individual or group claims that damages or injuries, which are compensable by money, were alleged to be caused by the City or one of the City's employees.   Your claim must be filed with the City Clerk.

The City does not provide legal assistance or advice to individuals wishing to file a claim against the City. A Claim Form is available from Risk Management for filing a claim. You may obtain a form by contacting Risk Management at 209-538-5747, in person at Ceres City Hall, or you may download the Claim Form (PDF). Completed forms can be mailed to:

City of Ceres
2220 Magnolia Street
Ceres, CA 95307