Civil Marriage Ceremonies - By Appointment Only (SUSPENDED)

The City of Ceres offers civil ceremonies on from 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.  Special requests can be made for a specific date and time. Subject to availability of the City Clerk.

Civil Marriage Ceremonies may be performed by City Clerks throughout the State of California. You must make an appointment in advance to be married by the City Clerk.

Ceremonies are performed at the Ceres Community Center or at the Whitmore Park Gazebo as determined by the City Clerk.

In order to be married by the City Clerk, you will need to obtain a marriage license from the County of Stanislaus and bring the original marriage license with you on the day of your ceremony. Both parties must present and have valid photo identification (i.e. driver’s license or passport). The fee for the ceremony is based on location and City services provided.

Fees are as follows:

  • $60 for residents and $65 for non-residents for onsite ceremonies (Ceres Community Center)
  • $70 for offsite  for residents and $75 for non-residents. (Whitmore Park Gazebo)

Reservations require full payment at the time of booking. Appointments may be made:

In person - Reservations may be made by one of the parties to the marriage or a third party. The person making the reservation must be able to pay at the time of making the appointment. Cash, personal check (preprinted with account holder's name issued from a U.S. Bank), money order, when making the reservation in person.

Rescheduling and No-Refund Policy – Please make sure you make your reservation selection very carefully as there will are NO REFUNDS issued once the reservation has been made. There is a $20 reschedueling fee.

For a Public Marriage Ceremony, One (1) witness is required to be present. For a Confidential Marriage Ceremony, no ceremony witness is required. There is no age requirement in California for witnesses; however, they must be old enough to know that they are witnessing a marriage ceremony AND be able to sign their name on the official marriage license.

Please complete the Marriage Request form to schedule a wedding date.

For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at 209-538-5731.

Wedding Sites

Whitmore Park Gazebo
Wedding Arch Community Center