Community Event & Activities Grant Program FY 2019/20
CLICK HERE to download an application.
The purpose of the Community Event & Activities Grant Program is to assist organizations that are committed to promoting Ceres, through a variety of events and activities that highlight our community, enhance the quality of life for residents and invite guests to visit Ceres, all of which have a positive impact on our local economy. The City Council will review and evaluate all applications and make the final decision regarding grant funding for each event. In general, events/activities should be geared towards bringing visitors to Ceres, increasing the length of our visitors’ stays and having a positive impact on the local business community during their visit. Events/activities may also focus on inviting our own residents to participate, connecting them with local businesses.
Funding for this program is derived from the Transient Occupancy Tax. Funds are intended to support events and activities which highlight the community and invite individuals to stay in Ceres, stimulating the local business and tourism economy. Funding requests will be accepted once per year, depending on the availability of program funds. Organizations may only apply for events/activities scheduled within 12 months of a particular funding cycle.
- 2019/20 Program Year – Total Funding Available $40,000.00
- 2019/20 Program Year – Events scheduled between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020.
- Applicant must submit one (1) neatly typed or printed copy of the funding application to the City of Ceres – Community Center located at 2701 4th Street, on or before the applicable due date.
- The entire application must be completely filled out and a copy of the proposed event budget must be included with each application.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Each event/activity will require a separate application.
- The total event budget must be attached to the application.
- The City Council will accept proposals from both nonprofit and for profit entities.
- Qualifying applicants will be required to give a 5 minute presentation on their proposed event or activity to the City Council on Monday, October 14, 2019 at 6:00pm. This presentation is mandatory. Failure to provide this presentation will result in being eliminated from the funding process.
- Events/Activities will be evaluated using the enclosed scoring sheet.
- Once Council takes action, staff will notify the organization of the funding award decision.
- Grant awards will be distributed within one month of receiving Council approval.
- In the case that your event/activity does not occur (excluding acts of nature), your organization will be required to return all funds provided through the Community Event & Activities Grant Program.
- To be eligible for funding all events/activities, it is recommended that the events occur within the incorporated City limits of the City of Ceres. However, for events near the border of the City, the applicant may apply but must make additional efforts to demonstrate the direct positive financial benefit the proposed activity will have for the City.
- Grant funds may not be allocated to or used for administrative or personnel costs.
- Organizations may request up to a maximum of $5,000 per event/activity application.
- Event/Activity shall not exceed 14 consecutive days.
- Grant recipients must complete a post event report within 60 days of the event/activity date. Failing to return the post event report, including documents/invoices that account for grant expenditures, will require a repayment of all grant funds and result in the organization being ineligible for future grant funding.
If you have questions, please contact Matthew Lohr, Recreation Manager no later than Thursday, September 20, 2019 at (209) 538-5682.
Applications must be submitted no later than
Friday, September 27, 2019 at 5:00pm.