The City of Ceres Announces 2021 Redistricting Public Hearings
Every ten years, local governments use new census data to adjust their district lines to reflect how local populations have changed. This process, called redistricting, is important in ensuring that each Council Member represents about the same number of constituents. Redistricting is done using U.S. Census data. For the City of Ceres, the redistricting process must be completed by April 17, 2022.
Your input is needed to adjust our voting districts for Council Members, and one way you can participate is by assisting the City in developing a list of “communities of interest” or “COI” that can be utilized in the process to adjust district lines. To learn more about how you can get involved, please visit https://ci.ceres.ca.us/637/Redistricting-2021
What You Can Do to Participate in the Process?
1. Provide your comments on your community of interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Attend one of the City's Public Hearings. Dates are as follows:
- Monday, October 25, 2021 at 7:00 PM
- Monday, January 10, 2022 at 7:00 PM
- Saturday, February 5, 2022 6:00 PM
- Monday, March 14, 2022 at 7:00 PM
3. You can also submit public comments, including suggested draft maps, by emailing the City Clerk or completing this form at: https://ci.ceres.ca.us/forms.aspx?FID=66